I'm looking for a roommate, but not until September. I'm putting this up now so that, in case you are interested, we can meet a few times, discuss expectations, rules, and generally form some level of acquaintance prior to cohabitations.
Looking for (place):
- 2 bedroom townhouse, condo or apartment, preferably with 2 bathrooms.
- No more than $800 total rent (not including utilities).
- 12 month lease.
- Good-sized kitchen, preferably open (i.e. less than three walls).
- Laundry on-site, even better if in unit.
- High-speed internet a must, cable TV a perk, landline telephone an annoyance.
- Off-street parking.
- Will jump through rings of fire for covered parking, balcony, fireplace.
Looking for (roommate):
- Same gender, relative age.
- Similar work schedule: business hours 8-5. (If not, I apologize in advance for any noise.)
- Guaranteed income to cover rent and utilities.
- No pets. (I'm quite allergic to cats and dogs alike.)
- Nonsmoker, social drinker at most.
- Omnivore. Sorry, vegans.
- Relatively quiet. (I love all sorts of music, but no one needs to feel the bass in their chest cavity.)
- Conditionally clean. (Your room is your own, and I like to clean, but kindly pick up after yourself, put the dish in the sink.)
- Boyfriends/girlfriends: weekends are fine, weeknights to an extent.
- Age 25 (26 in the fall), Asian-Caucasian female.
- Buddhist but not serious about it. Some superstitions linger.
- Liberal arts grad, some graduate courses at ISU (English).
- Desk job at an insurance company, sometimes part-time retail as well.
- Nonsmoker; was a social one but have quit. Maybe once a year now.
- Clean and organized, but I hate doing dishes.
- Omnivore but on Weight Watchers. Sushi is my friend.
- No pets, one boyfriend, we try to alternate weekends between our apartments.
- Usually quiet: book reading, internet surfing, video games, some TV, classical music.
- Not much one for party drinking or loud music but not condemning.
- Asian grandmother calls once a week, it can get a little loud. I'm sorry.
- Some friends visit and are grateful for crash space and shower. We're geeks and usually quiet.
- Potentially obscene/offensive sense of humor at times but tries not to offend.
- Ex-goth. Have ditched the chains and spikes, now it's just the lack of color palette. I call it Diet Goth.
- A penchant for the smell of lavender.
- Have renter's insurance. I suggest you do the same.
What I offer (furnishings):
- 27" TV, 12" TV, PS2, Wii (eventually), DVD player. No sound system.
- Cable modem.
- Futon (with springs!), dining set (albeit not the best). No coffee table, no couch.
- Some short bookshelves.
- Kitchen: Slow cooker, toaster, rice cooker, George Foreman grill, coffeemaker, microwave, knife block. Will be looking to add to my pots and pans, dishware and maybe a Kitchenaid Artisan.
If you might be interested, we can talk over the course of some months, get to know each other, and if we come to an agreement we can figure out preferred locations and timelines. My lease on my current $425 1.5 bedroom place ends in July but I am going month-to-month to allow for better moving weather and to take on a temporary roommate that will be going back to classes in Galesburg in September.
Thank you for your kind attention.
Cross-posted to go_isu.